Saturday, May 5, 2012

My New York City Bee Adventure... Day 3

Day 3
May 5th 2012

9:00am .. So I go out to take the garbage pails in from the curb ans I see my neighbor Eddie ( Cathys Husband) talking to another neighbor Richie..

Ed : " And you with these bees"
Me " What... "
Ed ' I give them a week"
Me " they wont hurt anyone.. I walked right up to them yesterday"
Richie: what are you talking about"
Ed " he has a bee hive in the yard"
Me " They are harmless... Want some honey?"
Ed " A can a raid and your wife is going to buy it for me"
Me "stop.. dont worry .. they will be fine"
Ed " Vandles ... in the Night"
Just then another neighbor pulls up in a car and thank god changes the subject.....

I just looked at the hive.. Its all quiet.. no bees out..... Now I am thinking did he poision them already...lol But its a slight drizzle about 55 degrees .. It should be sunny in the hi 60's to low 70's by noon time... I will take a peak back then..  

Noon.... It is still drizzling but I go take another peak at the girls... 

Very Few out like 3 or 4 .. Nor really Flying just sitting there








Also found a few Dead on ground .. Drones?


I will check back a little later.............

ITS LATER..... About 4:30 Stoped raining so I figure Lets go se the girls....

Afew more Girls Flying around about 2 dz..


I know its a lil blurry but , The Girls pollen baskets are full...
First time I ever saw a bee bring back pollen

Look at the one on the right brining home some pollen






1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike,

    I painted my hive a buckfastt brown so that in this way it would blend in with the landscape. My neighbors never knew I kept bee's. One neighbor found out only because a I had chosen to rap them up for winter with a white insulating foam. Which made the hive stick out like a bulls eye! I thought he was going to freak out, but to my surprise he was actually all for the bee's. He even thanked me for the bountiful harvest of fruit he had last year! I think he believes my bee's had something to do with that, lol.

    Any whoo, great work with the blog, Pete and I both have blogs. I will follow urs as well.

    Ps great creative writing funny and informative, lol

    later

    Frank

    ReplyDelete