Sunday, June 10, 2012

My New York City Bee Adventure .. Day 37 Nature Fest 2012

Day 37
June 9th 2012

I was supposed to go in the hive a few days ago..
But I am on crutches...
I stepped in a nail and it has become infected....

To make things worse the Wife was in a car accident yesterday....
She is OK. She was stoped at a light and a Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup blasted her in the back
Throwing her into the car in front of her.



Important thing is that she is OK!!!!

Well Went in the hive yesterday and still looks bad..

Still Frames 1 ,2 ,outside 3, Outside 8, 9,10 not drawn out at all.
Very little on Inside frame 8 and 3/4 of inside frame 3.
Frames , 4 ,5,6,7 original nuc frames.
No Queen cells anywhere
no capped or uncapped broods
some pollen stores
Some nectar no capped honey
SHB >5 found and Killed. SHB Trap Still had about 6 dead inside .
Found more then 20 bees with Deformed wings.
No Mites seen on bees
Bees carrying several dead bees
No Queen or signs of queen seen.
I pulled out a frame to put in the observation hive.





 A lot of Dead bees being carried all over the frame




So off to Nature Fest 2012 in Willowbrook Park 



So this is how I set everything up...










I Think it went great. about 300 people during the day.
I had the smoker going.
A lot of people had question and now know the difference
from honey bees and other stinging insects.

I also want to thank Pete from the Staten Island Meetup.com group for coming by
and helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment